Big Sister Boot Camp
K.K. Spence
Dear little sister,
I think you should know:
I love you like a blister
on the bottom of my toe.
I’m not trying to be mean,
but it seems only fair,
because mom says you’re beautiful
and you don’t even have hair.
Dad says you’re perfect
but all you do is cry.
Grandma calls you, “little miracle.”
Frankly, I don’t see why.
But don’t be fooled by their words
They said that about me too.
The world is full of long division and verbs
And it’s my job to warn you.
Evenings bring broccoli and bath time,
When you’re five they’ll send you to school.
Though to you the world may seem kind,
The wrath of “eat your spinach” is cruel.
So baby, boot camp starts today.
And however mean it may seem,
Disregard the tough things I say,
Because, as sisters, we’re a team.
No comments:
Post a Comment